Game modes are different ways a player can interact with Hearthstone. Some game modes don't involve actually playing the game and some are only available in limited or special circumstances.
Basic game modes Edit
- Practice mode — play against the AI
- Play mode — play against random opponents or friends
- Arena mode —
- Ranked Play — ranked play; resets monthly
Limited time modes Edit
- Tavern Brawl — random types of mechanics to play against random opponents or friends and only available for a limited time (less than a week), before switching types
Non-play modes Edit
- Collection Manager — create and organize decks; disenchant and create cards
- Spectator mode — watch friends play in real-time
Special condition modes Edit
Tournament modes EditThis is a section stub. Please click edit to the right of the section title to add or expand it.
Competitive modes that are used in tournaments and not available in the normal game.
| Game modes|
Adventure ● Arena ● Practice ● Play Mode ● Ranked ● Tavern Brawl
Competitive Game modes
Last Hero Standing ● Conquest
Classes / Heroes / Hero Powers