Heroes are the main component of the Hearthstone digital card game. Players start with , the Mage, and can then proceed through Practice mode after the initial series of introductory quests to unlock more heroes. Heroes are unlocked by defeating them, and players are awarded 100 gold.
Hero cards represent the players in the game. They govern how much health the players have remaining, what cards they can put in their deck, and detail the style of the deck.
Players start with a hero from a particular class that then determines what other cards can be utilized or included in the deck. For example, a hero with the rogue class would allow you to play a Rogue's signature attack, .
When your opponent's hero's Health is reduced to 0, you win the game.
Golden Hero PortraitsEdit
For 500 wins in Ranked Play Mode a player achieves with a certain hero, he or she is awarded a golden hero portrait, permanently replacing the standard hero portrait when playing. The display of the golden hero cannot be disabled. Hero powers, minions and weapons created by hero powers will also be automatically replaced by fully animated golden version.
Alternate Heroes Edit
New Hearthstone Heroes will feature beautifully detailed animated Hero portraits, including all-new art never before seen in the Blizzard universe. The first new Hero introduced was a famed Warrior—the mighty King of Ironforge himself, Magni Bronzebeard!
To customize a deck with a preferred hero, select a hero and set it as a favorite, which will assign it to every deck played with that class. Players can also pick and choose heroes for specific decks, so if a new hero has been added to a player's collection, an old favorite can still be used.
- Aside from the vibrant new Hero portrait artwork, these new Heroes come with unique Hero power animations.
- New Heroes come with unique emotes and voices that convey their individual personalities, a play area featuring a custom visual theme, and “entering the game” animations.
- Some new Heroes also come with a unique card back. The “Magni” card back is added to your collection immediately after purchasing the Magni Bronzebeard Hero, and can be used with any deck of your choice.
- New Heroes will be available for purchase from the in-game Shop for $9.99 USD. This is apparently per Hero and not for the entire set.
- New Heroes do not add new cards to your collection or change the classes’ activated Hero Power and are not considered new classes.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 126.96.36.19944) Note: Unlocking a hero now plays that Hero’s emote. Well met!
- ↑ Part of cross-promotion achievement in World of Warcraft
| Game modes|
Adventure ● Arena ● Practice ● Play Mode ● Ranked ● Tavern Brawl
Competitive Game modes
Last Hero Standing ● Conquest
Classes / Heroes