Silence removes a minion's card text and eliminates any other effects present on the card. However, the minion can still have effects applied to it after.
- If a minions is silenced, you can still buff it, including buffs that come from other minions, such as , whose +1 attack to adjacent minions will renew immediately following a neighboring minion being silenced.
- You can also place spell buffs on a minion after it has been silenced.
- Silence will not reverse effects of ownership, such as a minion being returned to its original owner.
- It does not reverse effects of card identity either, for example a when silenced will not revert to its 3/3 form.
- Silence will remove other spell effects cast by you or by your opponent, including freeze.
- When a minion is silenced it returns to its original health if its current health is above its original health; however, if its current health is below its original health, its health will not change.
- A card with the Silence ability removes all buffs and all effects (even those written on the card) from the target while the target remains in play.
- The only way to reverse a silence is to put the card back into your hand and play it again via cards like or .
Below is a list of all cards with the silence mechanic.
- Note: For the purposes of this list, only collectible cards are listed.